The aim of this lesson is to legally and safely turn right from a road, across traffic (i.e. not from a one-way street) into a side road. You’ll need to be driving in a 50kph zone on a two-way road with intersections to the left and right.
- Check all the mirrors
- Check your blind spot for traffic by looking over your shoulder
- Indicate right for at least three seconds before starting to turn
- Position your car to the left of the centre line or (if the road splits into two lanes at the intersection) the right-hand lane
- Scan the intersection for hazards
- Slow the car down before the intersection
- Be prepared to stop and give way
- When turning the corner keep the car in the correct position in the lane and with an appropriate speed
- Check the mirrors once you’ve completed the turn
- Accelerate to an appropriate speed after completing the turn
Perform the tasks at least three times.