Driving tests

How do you get a bus licence?

To drive a bus on a public road in New Zealand you will need the correct class of licence plus a P endorsement, which you can apply for through NZTA. Licence classes Licence classes are organised by maximum vehicle weight

Tagged with: , | Posted in Advice

School zone traffic rules and penalties (fines and demerit points)

School zone speed limit sign

40kph variable speed limits are becoming more common around schools since they were first introduced in 2000. Busy roads that run past schools are considered dangerous for children who are easily distracted. A vehicle travelling at 40kph produces significantly less

Tagged with: , , | Posted in Advice

Speed limit passing a stationary school bus will be more rigorously enforced

If you are driving around when school buses are operating you may not be aware that there is a 20kph speed limit if you are passing a school bus dropping off or picking up children, regardless of which direction you

Tagged with: , | Posted in Car, Heavy Vehicle, Motorbike, News, Road Code