The aim of this lesson is to drive at higher speeds on a multi-lane, two-way road, i.e. a dual carriageway, with a speed limit of between 70-100kph.
- Choose the appropriate lane (this will be the left lane unless you are overtaking or about to turn right, or the left lane is exit-only).
- Maintain your car’s position near the middle of the lane unless you need to move to avoid parked vehicles or kerbside hazards.
- Keep your speed appropriate to the conditions
- Keep your position in the traffic flow, maintaining a gap of at least two seconds to the vehicle in front
- Check your mirrors every 10 seconds or so
- Scan the road ahead and to the side for potential hazards
Perform the tasks at least twice.